Thursday, January 29, 2009

Frustrated

Let's see, where do I begin...

I believe that I have been sick for at least a month straight. It started right before we went on our Christmas trip to Pigeon Forge with my family, and it has not gotten any better. It is a horrible head cold. I guess I can blame a lot of it on the weather. I wish it would just either stay cold or warm. My body can't take much more of it being 29 degrees for a couple of days and then jumping back up into the 60s!

I am ready for things to be easy again. Shane was out of work for a great deal of the time last year, which means that my measly little paycheck was covering all of our expenses. All of our savings are gone, we had to use that just to keep our head above water. He is back to work now, and I guess that I just expected things to go back to the way they used to be. But now we are having to start from the beginning, building our savings back up and paying off some other things that built up when he was out of work. I know this sounds really petty of me, but I just want to be able to go out and buy stuff and not have to think about the consequences.

I won't even go into detail about the work situation. I am just tired of the drama, and I am tired of doing the job of 3 different people. If certain people would just stay at their desk and not wonder off all day, then everything wouldn't fall on me! I would love to find some other type of employment, but frankly, I just can't gamble on taking a pay cut or losing the time off that I have accumulated while being here. To be fair, it can be a great place to work, if everyone else is doing their job. And, come May, they are going to pay for some classes for me so I can finish my degree.

And lastly, I really want to find a church that me and Shane both enjoy and really feel a part of. I really need that constant in my life.

So, here is what I need from you the reader. I need you to pray that I will keep my head and my heart in the right place at all times. Also, pray for strength for both me and Shane to make it through all of this on top. I know that it can happen as long as God is in it.

1 comment:

jae lindsay + aaron said...

hey there, we're kind of at a really difficult age, not quite kids, but not quite 'THERE' yet either. You said it...frustrating.
we're thinking of you & will definitely be praying for you. :)